Thursday, June 23, 2011

Inspiration for the first step.

While I was on maternity leave my husband and I decided that we wanted to be able to stay home with our daughter.  To do this he works 3 nights a week at the local pub and I have started my own Interior Design business focusing on residential design in my area of Wakefield, Quebec, Canada.  Having determined that the mission statement of my business would be making "environmentally responsible" design accessible to those in my community, it seamed only responsible to exercises this mission in our home life as well.  I feel that the LEED program is a very well thought out list of criteria for ERD (environmentally responsible design) and have decided to use it as our guide through this process.  So follow us through the process of creating a LEED Platinum home and lifestyle.

The documents we are using as guidelines:
LEED Canada for homes 2009
Additional info
xls checklist

Visit www.yourperfectspace.ca for more info on my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment